Saturday, July 5, 2008

The 4th and Climbing

Forgot my camera again. We arrived to a very wet Delaware Water Gap (DWG) early in the AM hours. Instead of climbing the 5.5 I had planned, I flew up the 5.3 (The Rib) that I had lead before. By the middle of the first pitch the rock had dried out and I wished I had tried the 5.5. A fun route with awesome exposure nontheless. Pete led the next route a 5.8 (Double Overhang) that ended up turning into a 3 pitch climb. The first crux (the first overhang) he unfortunatley had to aid part of it and I found out why...I could not even follow the overhang clean. The second overhang/crux both of us were able to pull. I would love to of had another chance at the overhang soon!!

As with any DWG trip, I am covered in poison ivy today! Still worth the trip dispite the wet weather and itchy stuff covering my legs, heck, and hips.

No comments: