Monday, July 21, 2008

Friday sucked and Saturday Rocked...

With a feeble attempt at bouldering at Haycock on Friday, I happened to climb through more poison ivy than boulders. Not to mention that the humidity and friction stunk. However, I did manage to work out a few moves on Charlie Browns Christmas that I hadn't figured out before. I think if I dedicated time to work on it in better conditions I might have a shot at a V3/V4!

Saturday at Chickies was a different story. I led some easy warm-up, then followed Mike on the first pitch of a climb that I had led before. Next, I finished off the short but tricky 2nd pitch of that climb on two pieces of gear (one being a really old pin). We finished up TR'ing a 5.9 that I sent on one fall (next time I send it clean) which was a lot better than last time I was on that climb.

Hopefully, we will be able to get out Tuesday at Ralph Stover!

No comments: